[Newspoetry] Newspoetry print book

Bill Wendling wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 7 17:40:06 CST 2000

Also sprach Joe Futrelle:
} Hello newspoets,
}
} I would like to publish a print book of Newspoetry 1999-2000.  It'll
} be published through Xlibris or some other cheap, low-volume printing
} service, so it will not include any fancy layout, pictures,
} hyperlinks, animations, CGI scripts, and what have you.  I'd like to
} include as many text-only poems as possible.
}
} In order to do this, I would like to ask all Newspoets who've written
} over the last two years for permission to publish your poems.  I'm
} waiting to hear from Xlibris about their policy for copyrights.
} Newspoetry has never claimed any copyright for any of the work on it
} and I couldn't care less about copyright myself, but some of you may
} and it's really up to you whether your poems appear in print and what
} copyrights are asserted for them.
}
Neat idea! Will we become rich? ;-)

As for my pomes, sure! I've never really considered myself publishable,
but what the hay! :)

As far as copyright, maybe a note at the beginning saying each poem is
copyrighted by the author? As far as people copying my work (if it does
appear in the book), as long as my name is spelled correctly it's fine
with me.