[Newspoetry] concerning the recent outburst and necessary remedies

Scott Rettberg rettberg at eliterature.org
Thu Dec 7 23:56:33 CST 2000

MR. WITTIG AND GILLESPIE'S RECENT DUEL
 concerning needed remedies in the so called competitive academic model
IGNORED SEVERAL OBVIOUS FACTS
 one that we are clearly going to have to work together what with bush
AND REVEALED CERTAIN SINCERE BUT TROUBLING FACTS
 such as that mr. wittig regularly uses the phrase "evil flashbacks"
ABOUT TEACHERS, WHO ARE THE BACKBONE OF THE WRITING PROCESS
 i count william gillespie as one of my teachers
FLAWED EACH IN THEIR OWN WAY
 not my best teacher but my most perseverant
JUST AS EACH SNOWFLAKE HAS ITS OWN STRUCTURE
 i'm not sure that that's not complete bullshit
LIKE A WRITING WORKSHOP
 violence is never the answer
WHERE THE ENEMIES GATHER TO BECOME FRIENDS
 not because of any individual
BUT AS A GROUP
 i think that societies survive because otherwise
WE'D ALL GO NUTS
 we're not really screwed, really,
WE HAVE THAT TO BE THANKFUL FOR
 but anyway text is beautiful
IN ITS OWN WAY
 and i'm glad we all suffered from our teachers
AND OUR PEERS
 who look back in anger
IN NOSTALGIA
 and just for the hell of it