[Newspoetry] writing workshop

Sam Markewich 2 s7markew at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 13 03:46:48 CST 2000

William et. al.,
	I love writing workshops, and I think the advantages you point out
about an on-line one are all true.  Additionally, Aunt Babs says it awl
when she smokes a Pall Mall and speaks about not having enough time to
really critique a piece.  I share that in my expreience.  So, an on-line
workshop would be even more appealing to me if we had, say, a month of
on-going discussion about one piece so that Aunt Babs and I and others
like us around the world could have enough time to sink our minds into
the piece and offer sonething real to us as critique.  It would also be
desirable to me that people take that kind of time to scrutinize
something I submit to the workshop for critique.  As far as the whole
competition thing, I'm personally willing to kick anybody's literary ass
any day of the G-ddammned week -- and you kids get the hell off my lawn!!
- Sammy