[Newspoetry] Dear Bill

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 29 18:13:56 CST 2000

Newspoetry
www.newspoetry.com

December 29, 2000

Mr. Bill Clinton
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington, D.C.

Dear Bill:

Thank you very much for your letter.  It's important for Newspoetry to
know the views of administrations throughout the international
community, and I'm glad you took the time to send a completely
non-specific form letter.

Newspoetry remains committed to promoting poetic license while
addressing the news of our times.  We are working at a medium pace to
get a poem a day out the door on the Web and to prepare our poets for
the challenges of the new millennium, although we can't agree over
whether it starts this year or last year.  I would appreciate having
your input on the important issues we face, so I encourage you to get
involved.  Together, we can make a difference, though I'm pretty sure
the difference will be negligible if you keep ignoring my letters.

Sincerely,

Editor-within-chief,
Newspoetry dot com