[Newspoetry] Newspoetry New Year's Eve Bash: new location!

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 29 20:25:41 CST 2000

Hello,

The 0.4283th annual Newspoetry New Year's party will be held at 9pm
this Sunday at Laura Haber's house (210 N. Central, Urbana), rather
than at the originally-proposed location of 203 E. Oregon.  N. Central
is a couple of blocks west of Race on Main.

There will be a *brief* reading by Newspoets to wrap up the Y2K in
Newspoetry early in the evening, followed by merrymaking and what have
you until and beyond the turn of the real millennium (depending on
whether you're one of those sticklers or not).  I'll have the entire
year's worth of poems on my laptop, so there's no need to print
anything out, unless you prefer to read from the antiquated paper
technology we have been so fond of in previous centuries.

I'm sending this invitation to several mailing lists in hopes of
getting the word out quickly, since we're changing the location late
in the game.  But this is not meant to exclude anyone!  Please invite
whoever you would like and forward this message to others who you
think might be interested and aren't on the lists, and generally
spread the word.

Please call me at 328-7853 (alternate #: 390-2971) if you have any
questions about the partay and thank you very much to Laura for
offering to host it at her swank pad!

Editor-within-chief,
Newspoetry dot com