[Newspoetry] Pomo (fwd)

simon mills samills at innotts.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 01:51:21 CST 2000

> Ah, but really living is a matter of balancing analysis, service to
> others and knowledge of one's self.

Amen.

Alas I'm no Christian so I can't truly share these views although I admire
the somewhat noble sentiment.

"so act as to treat humanity, whether in thine own person or in that of
another, in every case as an end, never only as a means" - Kant

Now theres a noble thought which I forget everytime I watch Jerry Springer:)

> Self-indulgence leads to all the other sins.

Is that a misquote of the road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom?

best,

Simon