[Newspoetry] Today's News-Gazette

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 14 16:08:42 CST 2000

Ben,
I was referencing the fact that the N-G actually printed the words
"dialectical materialism" next to each.  I'm not sure they understand
what that is, but it seems the author of the review they ran on 'The
Slaughterhouse' does.  Carl Estabrook's reaction to hearing that the
stodgy old establishment rag had actaully printed this was made manifest
on last Sat.'s 'From Bard to Verse' and inspired my newspoem.

The N-G is a closely held company owned by an elderly lady of
conservative reaction who fancies herslf an artist.  This is probably
due to the fact that she lives part of the year in Tuscany, rather than
the quality of her paintings, which were the subject of a rather
unexplained showing at the Krannert Art Museum a short time back.
Mike