[Newspoetry] newspoetry contest

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 14 16:11:07 CST 2000

Dear Newspoets,

     What an incredible weekend it's been.  I'm now fully two weeks
ahead of schedule.  That means that I'm just one day shy of having
newspoems lined up for the rest of February.

     Now if you're anything like me, you're thinking, "how can I get
*my* poem into that last coveted spot in the first February of the new
millenium?"  Well it's this simple.  Enter the "Newspoetry Last Poem in
February 2000 Sweepstakes"!

     It couldn't be simpler to enter.  Just send a Newspoetry
proof-of-download (HTTP headers are fine, or just the HTML for the
homepage) along with a poem explaining how Newspoetry is important to
you and to America, in an email message with your address in the
Reply-to header field, and you could be selected to win!  If you win,
your poem will be published on February 28th, 2000 and you'll receive
a framed printout of it, autographed by Newspoetry founder William K
Gillespie!

No purchase necessary.  Poets may  be required to send a blood sample.
May cause dizziness,  drowsiness, dizziness, repetitiveness, shortness
of bread,  corns, shingles,  rickets, scabies, mumps,  measles, and/or
scurvy.   Void in  Argentina.  Less  additives does  not mean  a safer
contest.  Pregnant women  should not come within three  city blocks of
this contest.  You have never, are  not, and never will be required to
purchase any magazines for any reason.  All submitted poems become the
sole  property  of Ted  Turner.   (Note:  this  depends on  what  your
definition of "is" is).

-- The Newspoetry Group of Companies