[Newspoetry] George Bush Falls Off the Wagon, I Hope

Andrew & Barbara Hurt ashurt01 at louisville.edu
Wed Jul 12 14:00:35 CDT 2000

"My name is George W. Bush and I am hoing to snort this whole
fuckin' truckload of cocaine!"

This is what I wish I was hearing from "Dubya."
I want a president who's not afraid to be
so strung out that he just can't make it back
to the White House. I want him to say:

"CampDavidistoomuchfuckingfuntoleaveright
nowsomeandtheboysaregonnakeeppartyin'here
untilwecomedownandthenwe'regonnapartysomefuckin'more"

Granted, he could maybe clean up his language
but the point is that I crave honesty. I really wanted Clinton
to be high. Really.

I want Al Gore to be too high to do anything. I want a
presidential bong. I believe that the whole Lewinsky affair
would have been more palatable, perhaps stranger,
if Clinton had put the bong up "there." Maybe Al can
do that to Tipper.

These may sound like the drug addled ramblings of
a college freshmen but I'm 31. Honestly, I don't really
get high anymore. I'm sober now. I just want honesty
from our leaders and those who wanna be leaders.

Maybe we could put Bozo the Clown in office. You know what?
Bozo hated the children on his show. I could see it, I could hear
it. If  Bozo were president, the kids would have it bad.
You think women had it bad, the kids
would have it worse.

Maybe we could put an anal fetishist in the White House. Well,
maybe not. That's a bad idea.

Rush Limbaugh? At least he'd get killed more quickly
that way.

Seriously, Bozo fucking hated those kids.Their heads were
covered with the contempt that oozed from his speech. I bet
he had fantasies about mowin' 'em all down. Maybe, instead,
he had fantasies about eatin' 'em up! Anyway, he hated them.
That's for sure.

Andrew Hurt