[Newspoetry] And so

Bill Wendling wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 13 11:47:16 CDT 2000

Suffering from sever jet lag, I sit down to talk with my nonexistent
friend.

I explain through a cloud how jobs are being lost here so that companies
can cut wages and violate labor laws in other countries and that those
countries accept such abuses because they are too poor and powerless to
do otherwise.

While cats tug at my brain, I harp upon the complicity of the media in
covering up the truth of America's international policies and other
atrocities because they are subserviant to corporations and the
government.

A cap of lead is slowly covering my head while I attempt to assert why
the WTO and the IMF is bad and not good.

My eyelids disobey my brain and twitch while I discuss the intricasies of
a software program and how, even if a software company starts out with
good intentions, it can still fail to achieve them and become just
another corporation.

I float away on a cloud leaving behind a summary of how activism is the
only hope for the future and how I have little time to help out with
causes I believe in.

I fall from the cloud with the realization that I am failing to live up
to my own ideal.