[Newspoetry] vneh II

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Sun Jul 16 15:41:22 CDT 2000

Person Proud Of Attitude "Problem"

AP (Associated Poets)  Today, a disgruntled employee of a so-called "place
of bussiness" stood outside of said and, climbing on top of their car,
proceeded to strip to their skivies while reciting poetry.  The poetry is
transcribed as follows:

"My boss dragged  me this morning,
 into their office; gave me a warning,
 that my name's being mentioned,
 I've got management's attention,
 they think I have an attitude problem

 I go to work,
 have all day to clerk,
 I try to work,
 but my bosses are jerks.
 stupid, stupid fools
 who keep changing the rules
 on me, and then wonder why
 I seem to have an attitude problem.

 So I'm here to declare
 in a mockery of iambic pentamiter
 that I'm tired of not knowing which way is up
 and my brain is about to explode in a cup
 I've had enough
 So I'm saying 'TOUGH!'
 I'M PROUD OF MY ATTITUDE PROBLEM!"

At this point, the individual climbed off of the car and walked to the
nearest coffee shop, where they ordered a latte and started talking about
publishing their poetry in 300-foot high flaming letters, with the moon
mentioned as a possible location.