[Newspoetry] site design

Bill Wendling wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 15 14:46:22 CST 2000

William, Dirk, et al,

} You just don't get it do you? Look at the following statistics from today's
} webmonkey list:
}
There are three types of lies: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics! (I
think I said that...maybe)...

} >hi,
} >when designing pages, i have been assuming that  most ppl's
} >montor settings would still be 640 x 480...
} >is this assumption outdated?
}
Speaking as a member of the Technology Haves, I have quite the opposite
opinion of the Newspoetry(tm) web site. It's seems so lifeless! Where's
the real-time generated 3D graphics with CAVE enabled interface? Where's
my hyper-surround sound generated Newspoetry(tm) Poet Voice(pat. pending)
reading each poem in the poet's own voice? Where's the background music
by Danny Elfman?? I can't wait until Newspoetry(tm) the Movie is finished
and shown on the IMAX theatre at the Navy Pier in Chicago in 3D! I'll be
the first to download it to my computer.

As for splitting the page in half...*pshaw*! I can barely find the web
browser screen on my 20' laptop screen.

BTW, William, credit cards are COMPLETELY passe' on the 'net. Get with
the times. Micropayments are here to stay and are completely transparent
to the user!

And what's so wrong with Hallmark(tm)? They are a great company. Why just
think of how much Newspoetry can benefit from adoption of their poetic
forms:

	Pakistan is small
	Can barely see them at all
	Yet their nukes are nothing
	To sneeze at!

More flash! Less substance! Newspoetry(tm) The Choice of a Knew
Generation!(tm)