[Newspoetry] villanelle / haiku / NEWS SLAM

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 16 13:03:55 CST 2000

Yeah,
I got me one of those Newspoetry Genetic Modification kits that the NCSA
is now marketing.  It recommends that you experiment on stuff like
poetry, before you try it out on cats, dogs or small children. I was
thinking about getting a cheek scraping from Tim Johnson and combining
that with some DNA from a brain-damaged pit bull to come up with a
guard-mutant to patrol the Commie Compound.  The problem is I'm not sure
such a combination is at all trainable.  Maybe we should just try to get
Tim fitted with a shock collar, in any case.

Normally, I'm opposed to cruelty to animals, but I'm not sure that
either Tim or my proposed creation would qualify as a high a life form
as an animal.  I think he's more like that new form of life that was
discovered by a UI researcher back in the 70's that lives in hot water
in dark places.  Now that I think of it, Tim may have already been
crossed with something like that...it would go a long way toward
explaining his anti-social and fascistic behavior.
Mike