[Newspoetry] site design

Maiko Covington mcovingt at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 17 09:16:22 CST 2000

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Dirk Stratton wrote:

> Obviously not. How I long for those days when I thought I'd be
> blissful if I could just get my hands on a brand new IBM Selectric II
> with Correcto-ribbon and delete key.

	Reminds me of the days before e-mail, when I had to move to
a new continent and thought my life would be just about perfect if only
both me and my best friend could convince our parents to buy us... fax
machines. Of course that never happened, and as a result I now have a
rather large stash of regular old paper notebooks filled with writing
by my friend. She has similar artifacts filled by me. Sometimes
the old ways ARE best.

	Maiko

> P.S. I checked out the foia.fbi site Bill recommended--couldn't
> resist, but i should have. they force you to use Adobe Acrobat which
> really tires out my gerbil. i thought my computer had frozen but
> really it was just melting from the strain. anyway, if you have six
> or seven free hours, it is worth a look to see how high the fbi black
> magic marker budget must be. or maybe you could prevail upon one of
> yr tech-blessed friends to show you what it looks like on one of
> their 1000000 x 800000 screens hooked up to their Cray Liquid
> Nitrogen-cooled laptops.

	Yeah, I find that visiting web pages that are too "kewl" these
days usually necessitates a quick kill -9 to my netscape before the
gerbils keel over.