[Newspoetry] Re: Dirty Tricks Newsflash

Milt Epstein mepstein at uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 6 11:56:12 CST 2000

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Mike Lehman wrote:

> I went out to the front yard a minute ago to get my Nader yardsign
> to take with me to speech class as a visual aid for my Nader speech
> this morning. I was distressed to find that the Democratic Dirty
> Tricks Squad was at work after midnight when the sign was still
> there. It is gone, but the three Dem signs that were out there with
> it were untouched.  Needless to say, although I still support the
> Dems mentioned on those signs, the Dem signs are now in my garage. I
> hate having to do that, but I feel that those among the Dems who
> have no honor (relecting the corruption at the top of their party)
> forced my hand. I urge anyone else that this happens to to do the
> same.

My sign disappeared sometime this weekend, late Saturday/early Sunday.
Coincidentally (?), around the same time, I found in my door a copy of
the Democrat's "Be Effectively Green" flyer, where they implore anyone
considering voting for Nader to look at the "real differences" between
Gore and Bush (which they say are "crucial to furtherance of the Green
Party agenda" -- ha!) and vote Gore/Lieberman.

So what did I do?  I picked up a couple of new signs, and they're now
out in the yard.  If they take one, I'll put up two.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein at uiuc.edu