[Newspoetry] RICKY MARTIN SOUNDS LIKE A LOW-VOICED SUSAN!!!

charles joseph smith cjsmith2 at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Nov 26 03:10:02 CST 2000

This poem is in reaction to the super-stardom Ricky Martin got in 1999 in
with his hit, "Livin' La Vida Loca."

LIVIN' LA VIDA COMO LA SUSANA, OR "LIVING THE LIFE LIKE SUSAN"

When I heard
And saw
Ricky Martin's
Music video
Of
Livin' la vida loca,
The first words
He sung
From
his
mouth....

Sounded like
A low-pitched lady,
Big and fat,
Who wanted
Some man
To dance
With her.
And his 'l's
On the word
'Loca'
Sounded
So sensual,
As well as the
'a's
on 'vida' and 'loca'.

And because
Of this,
I feel just like a Susan...

I SAID, I FEEL JUST LIKE A SUSAN,
I FEEL JUST LIKE A SUSAN,
I FEEL JSUT LIKE SUSAN,
SUSAN,
SUSAN!!!!

Go Senor Martin!

Charles Joseph Smith      "I am called "The Little Lily of Salsa" because
URH, 101 Daniels Hall      I feel like a happy, little lily flower when
1010 W. Green St.          I dance to the salsa music. But I can dance
Urbana, IL 61801-3097      to almost everything I can think of."
(217) 332-2143                           --Myself