[Newspoetry] A Timely Announcement

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 27 17:58:43 CDT 2000

For conventional-media-watchers:

NPR's All Things Considered played about 5 minutes of a Nader stump
speech this evening in which Nader covered campaign finance reform,
universal health care, cracking down on the auto industry, a national
commitment to solar energy, and an extensive pitch for hemp
legalization as a means of helping farmers and bringing to market a
variety of locally-produced, environmentally sound alternatives to
numerous products.

For those glued to the boob tube, Nader is scheduled to appear on Late
Night with David Letterman this Thursday.  If a candidate is on
Letterman, you know they're really on the map.  Letterman also
announced last night, much to my surprise, that not only does he vote
but that he is a registered independent.  The New York Times this week
in a very interesting article on the segment of the voting public that
gets their political information from late-night comedy, speculated
apparently entirely incorrectly that Letterman was a "non-voting
republican".

Nader is not scheduled to appear in any Olympic events.

I'm still waiting for a newspoet to conduct some sort of poll, but it
appears that we're going to be busy with Markewich's exciting new
assignment ideas for quite some time. ;)

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 05:22:33PM -0500, Bill Wendling wrote:
> Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 17:26:22 -0500
> From: Elizabeth Fraser <ehf at bookbeast.com>
> To: Illinois Volunteers <ilvolunteers at lists.votenader.org>
> Subject: [Ilvolunteers] NADER IS ON IN ILLINOIS!!--Nader speaks at the UIC Pavilion October
>  10th!
>
> Nader is on the ballot in Illinois and
> he is speaking at the UIC Pavilion October 10th!!!!

Editor-within-chief,
Newspoetry dot com