[Newspoetry] New York Times rejects message of love to humanity

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 9 09:53:39 CDT 2001

----- Forwarded message from "Mark A. Nye" <m-nye at shout.net> -----
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 08:17:14 +0000
Subject: Zorba Com in the NY Times
From: "Mark A. Nye" <m-nye at shout.net>

Hello Friends,

Mention of Michael Pastore and Mark Nye's new editing and ePublishing
company, Zorba Communications, has appeared - along with a groovy picture of
Michael - in today's print and online issue of the New York Times.  True?
Here's the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/04/09/technology/09NAME.html
(You may need to register to read the story, but registration is free.)

Michael, who contacted the Times last month regarding a failed attempt to
register the domain name www.zorba.com, writes:

"Unfortunately, the otherwise excellent Times article did not include my
message to humanity. I did attempt to convince the editor that this
philosophy was pertinent to the story.

'Mr. Pastore, what does love have to do with Internet commerce?'

'Love has to do with EVERYTHING. If I do not love, I am dead.'

And thus, for the artists and world-improvers among us - I would have liked
to say that no matter how foolishly our President behaves, how pitifully
insipid are this week's crop of bestselling books, or how bleakly the
economic situation downturns -- do not allow yourselves to lose hope, and do
not become distracted from your genuine work. KEEP WORKING with passion and
sincerity."

In practical matters:
If you need a reliable, honest, and inexpensive (yet feature-packed) domain
registration service, go with Gandi Net at: http://www.gandi.net
If you already have a domain registered with one of the services mentioned
in the article, then you can make the world better by transferring your
domain to Gandi -- and you'll save money too!

Let us hear from you!

all the best,

Mark Nye
Zorba Communications
m-nye at shout.net
We edit, write, consult, make websites, produce ebooks
Contact Mark Nye (217.344.2066) or Michael Pastore
(607.277.9783)
info at zorbapress,net
http://www.ZorbaPress.net (Home)
http://www.ColinWilson.com (Our Colin Wilson ebook
series. 1 is up and 5 more are coming soon! Also the
site for our forthcoming ebooks written by the great
humanistic psychologist Abraham Maslow.)

----- End forwarded message -----
editor-at-large
Newspoetry dod kom