[Newspoetry] Soltys arrested after terrified family flees home

John G. Drummond omar at allwrong.com
Thu Aug 30 18:19:53 CDT 2001

Your brother and his family ran from you,
the cops were there to keep you company;
it's been ten days since you slept in a bed,
since you murdured your wife and your small son.
And why should you resist? Hiding filthy
behind the home of what live family
you have left.  The knife was in your your backpack
but not quite close enough to your bent back.
Congratulations, you made the top ten!
I bet that wasn't part of your dreams when
you first set foot on this, my own country
and with you came some more death. We don't need
any more death, so please rot quietly.

-John Drummond