[Newspoetry] Rick here RE oh shit

Sam Markewich 2 s7markew at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 3 02:26:39 CST 2001

Rick,
	I do see where you're coming from in wanting an apology.  So, I do
apologize to you.  And I also think that your initial email on this was
stated in, as I wrote before, a pouty and juvinile tone.  That tone
certainly, as I wrote, oriented me away from thinking about politics.
Now, finding out from you that you wanted me to pay attention to you, I
want you to know that if you use that kind of tone it becomes annoying
and no fun whatsoever to pay attention to your feelings because the tone
in question is mean-spirited rather than dialogical and, thus, doesn't
pay attention to MY feelings.  On the one hand, I'm glad that you do all
the direct protesting, emailing, etc. that you do.  On the other hand,
when you reduce dialogueing to psychological immaturities such as your
subject heading, "I shouldn't do this or should I shit I don't know"
(clearly you thought you should, or you wouldn't have), and,
"Or just the ones who invited you to the protest that you didn't show up
for?" (which is an assumption you made with no empirical knowledge of
its truth or falsehood just, as far as I can make out, for the sake of
making yourself seem to approach more greatness than the rest of us),
and, "Fneeh your-fucking-self" (which is pouty and at a dialogical level
of a twelve year old who's pissed off at his parents).  So, while I
truly do appreciate what you wrote in your last correspondence on this,
and it's clear to me that you have been doing a great deal of important
work and complex thinking on these matters (And, yes, you've done more
of a certain kind of activism on this than I have.  Though you've not
thought about it or researched it any more than I have, and it should be
alright with you that I may disagree with you about the issues around
this election if you're a rational person working out of a herritage of
dialectics, Marxism and humanism, which you purport to be.), I refuse to
treat you like a hero for this by ignoring the rude treatment you gave
to the rest of us in your original email on this.  So, I apologize
certainly for taking you to be a Gore supporter istead of a complex
Nader supporter.  I don't appologize to you, however, for expecting you
to dialogue rather than pout and be otherwise emotionally immature and rude.

Sam