[Newspoetry] Donations for the Indy Media Center

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 7 18:51:31 CST 2001

Greetings Everyone,
Many of you may already be aware of the new Independent Media Center,
which we have been remodeling at our new place at 218 W. Main St. in
Urbana. The IMC crew has been hard at work and has already covered a
number of local stories, mainly on WEFT, but also on WILL AM580, in the
Octopus and Black Thought.

We solict your donations of a number of different items that you may no
longer need, but which would be of great assistance in getting the IMC
furnished and supplied. In the furniture area, we especially need
chairs, desks, tables, and bookshelves. For our media work, we can use
computers, cameras, camcorders, cassette and VCR recorders. A big TV is
on our wishlist, also. Contributions of books, videotapes and
subscriptions to periodicals that support our mission of offering an
alternative point of view to the mass media are also useful.

We are in the process of applying for 501c3 status, so you can benefit
when doing your taxes. Let us know if you need a receipt.

We have scheduled a day for donations this Thursday. You can drop them
off at the IMC between 10am and about 8pm. We can also arrange pickup of
your donations. Call me at 344-5609 or email me for further info.

Although the website is still under construction, you can visit it at
<urbana.indymedia.org> or at <champaign.indymedia.org>

You are, of course, invited to participate by posting your own stories
on the website. Simply follow the easy directions.

Our grand opening is Friday, Jan. 19 at 8pm. Please drop by to say hello
and find out how the IMC can help build a better, more informed
community. We will also have facilities to host meetings and events,
regular or otherwise. Please inquire if you know organizations who might
be interested.

Please forward this message to anyone you know who may be able to help
us.

Regards,
Mike Lehman
344-5609