[Newspoetry] Nightclub Lovepoem

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Sat Jan 13 02:07:27 CST 2001

	Nightclub Lovepoem

This incessant music of machines is being made for you.
You desire, simultaneously, to appear like gangsters & to assert that
	you've earned your prosperity fair (safe) and square.
Your adornments and ornaments are charming.  I am in love with them all
	and with you all,
For you are adept at this century:  Each of your sentences is assembled by
	computer voice.

You may consume without being consumed--This is the substance of your
	priveledge.
Then again, you are being consumed after all.

The plastic you are made of is culturally degradable:
At closing time, with no things left for sale, you disperse,
As peaceable as you are deafened--by the ringing in your ears--
To the violence sustaining your nonchalance,
For we have only the right peaceably to disperse.

[Note Below:  Dear Editor Within Chief:  can an mp3 be made of a computer
voice reading this poem?  that's how i hear it in my mind's ear...  let me
know if you have the technology...]

paulkotheimer:)
THE HAND-MADE RECORD LABEL
www.handmaderecords.com