[Newspoetry] Jan. 20 (fwd)

Sehvilla asta at advancenet.net
Mon Jan 15 19:19:12 CST 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:09:36 -0600
From: Peter Miller <peterm at shout.net>
To: Paul Kotheimer <herringb at prairienet.org>, Sarah <amethysky at angelfire.com>,
     Will Scott <question_it at hotmail.com>, anlyzstrlz at advancenet.net
Subject: Jan. 20

Hi, Paul, Sarah, Sehvilla, and Will-

You're among the group of about 10 who said they'd be interested in designing a funeral procession (or something) for Jan. 20.  Unfortunately, I can't pull this together the way I'd like, so I'm checking to see how interested any of you are in pulling this off.  If nobody can take the lead, then I think we'll have to scrap it and just do the courthouse rally.  (Maybe a smaller performance at the rally could be planned.)
(note: the idea is to have a "funeral procession" from Champaign to the
Urbana Courthouse for the "death of
democracy" brought on by the impending reign of King George Dubya II, on
Saturday, January 20th - people need to meet to decide exactly where we'll
parade and what we'll do and to make the casket for democracy, etc.)

Is there a place/time when it would be natural to meet?  Are dinners being held at the school, yet?  If they are, could we try to meet there on Tuesday to see if this can happen?  (I'd have to leave at about 7.)
 Who can help? Who can come along? When is a good time for meeting? People
can respond by email to set up a time that's "good" for them.
-Peter

-Sehvilla