[Newspoetry] letter to W.

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Jan 20 22:23:28 CST 2001

                                                      Joe Futrelle
                                                      1205 S. Race
                                                  Urbana, IL 61801
George W. Bush
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

Mr. Bush,

      I'm sure you're as relieved as I am that we got that election
debacle out of the way and you can finally move on with your life.
But that's probably where our agreement comes to a screeching,
tread-separating halt.  It pains me to re-open old wounds and all but
I don't think you can just waltz into the White House with all your
stuff and all your friends when you lost the election to a Democrat.

      Yes, I know.  I know.  Look -

      Are you finished?

      My point is that we've tried everything from simply voting
against you to actually having our votes counted and none of that
seemed to stop you, so it is my solemn duty to place you under
Citizen's Arrest.  You have the right to remain slient; anything that
you say can be taken down and used against you in a court of law.
Place your hands over your head and leave the White House, and don't
try anything funny.

      Yes, you get a stupid phone call.  Call Jeb or something.

                                                     Now move it,
                                                     Joe Futrelle
                                                          Citizen

--