[Newspoetry] Newspoets in the Paper

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 4 11:31:59 CDT 2001

Hi, I have already gotten permission from all of you except Bob
(a.k.a. "Dad") to print your poems.  If you've had a change of heart
speak now or we can hash it out in small claims court later.

So Dad, do you want your limer-ish to appear in print?  Think of the
royalties!

Note to Sandra: spell it "Anne Bargar" (with two "a"'s)

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 10:53:37AM -0500, Sandra Ahten wrote:
> Hello Newspoets,
>
> I am currently/ ?/ temporarily the Art Editor for the yet to be named print version of the Urbana Champaign Independent Media Center's newspaper.
>
> With your permission, I have decided to publish selections of newspoetry in our first edition.
>
> I have really enjoyed going through all the archives. WOW- What fun and insight. I have selected the following on the basis of
> 1- content
> 2- variety of style
> 3- variety of length (for ease of layout)
> 4- variety of authors
>
> Layout will determine the final selection.
>
> Authors will be noted/credited.
>
> IF there is any problem with this please let me know ASAP. My deadline is July 5.
> ----------
> By way of introduction to Newspoetry I am including a ref to your URL and the Jan 1 poem by Joe.
>
> SELECTIONS:
>  Jan 1 by Joe Futrelle
> A Newspoet's New Year's Resolution
>
> Jan 11 by William Gillespie