[Newspoetry] Newspoets in the Paper

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:53:37 CDT 2001

Hello Newspoets,

I am currently/ ?/ temporarily the Art Editor for the yet to be named print version of the Urbana Champaign Independent Media Center's newspaper.

With your permission, I have decided to publish selections of newspoetry in our first edition.

I have really enjoyed going through all the archives. WOW- What fun and insight. I have selected the following on the basis of
1- content
2- variety of style
3- variety of length (for ease of layout)
4- variety of authors

Layout will determine the final selection.

Authors will be noted/credited.

IF there is any problem with this please let me know ASAP. My deadline is July 5.
----------
By way of introduction to Newspoetry I am including a ref to your URL and the Jan 1 poem by Joe.

SELECTIONS:
 Jan 1 by Joe Futrelle
A Newspoet's New Year's Resolution

Jan 11 by William Gillespie