[Newspoetry] Dumb Question

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Mon Jul 16 16:42:17 CDT 2001

This isn't a poem.  :)

I don't read the newspaper, and rarely watch the national news.  I keep
seeing all these references in the newspoems to "Ari Fleischer".  Who is Ari
Fleischer? Is (s)he a man or a woman?  I'm guessing from the context of the
poems that Ari is Bush's Press Secretary, but that would be just a guess.
Anyone care to enlighten me?

John the Unenlightened

P.S.  That sonnet by Nicky or Nicki (spelling?), today's newspoem, was
really f*ck*ng good.  Kudos.  Likewise to Paul Kotheimer on the Ameritech
poem a few days ago.  I got a big kick out of that one.