[Newspoetry] Re: Newspoetry digest, Vol 1 #710 - 3 msgs

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Sat Jul 21 23:57:34 CDT 2001

At 06:26 AM 07/21/2001 -0500, newspoetry-request at lists.groogroo.com wrote:

>Message: 1
>Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:59:30 -0500
>From: Joe Futrelle <futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu>
>To: NEWSpoetry <newspoetry at lists.groogroo.com>
>Subject: [Newspoetry] lynx problems
>
>Hi fokes,
>
>It has come to my attention that stanza breaks (i.e. paragraph breaks)
>in certain poems aren't showing up properly in lynx (a text-only web
>browser).  This is likely due to sloppy HTML coding on my part; I'll
>try to fix every such poem from 2000-2001.
>
>--
>Joe Futrelle
>editor-on-chief
>Newspoetry . com

I'm the one who brought this to your attention, Joe, and I'd hate to see you
do this much work.  Certainly don't do it on my account.  Probably hardly
anyone but a few of us diehard Prairienet folks still uses lynx, anyway.  It
would be nice if you could put the paragraph breaks that would show up in
lynx in FUTURE newspoems, but I certainly wouldn't want you to have to go
back and re-code all the old ones for the benefit of just a few.  Thank you
for your willingness to do so, though.

John