[Newspoetry] Re: Cuba Talk

Brian Hagy bhagy at onthejob.net
Tue Jun 5 12:16:41 CDT 2001

Just to clarify, this IMC talk is not supporting the Pastors for Peace
project.  The IMC as a 501(c)3 (pending) can't actually support the
project (due to some controversial happenings).  Marilyn McKenna
participates in the project, and may speak about it (as one of the
networks to Cuba).  However, the talk is of her experiences, and about
Cuban history.  Irregardless of my (and anyone at the IMC) standing on the
Pastors for Peace project, the IMC cannot "take a stand" on it.  I think
Mike's statements were just a misunderstanding of what's to be presented.
The presentation will still be informative, and interesting, even if not
intentionally supporting the project.

thanks,
brian