[Newspoetry] Sean Puffy has to be released now!

charles joseph smith cjsmith2 at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 2 05:06:01 CST 2001

I feel very sorry for this rapper who was Jennifer Lopez's boyfriend.
The reason: he is on trial on two felony charges
and is on the virge of becoming 'a convicted felon'. I don't want that
from him.

I predict that if Sean is found guilty (facing a possible 15 year
term of imprisonment), he will commit suicide, because not only he
will lose Jennifer Lopez, he might end up in a maximum security
cell because of his charge of gun possession. That means he may end up
with the most violent cellmates in jail, ruthless guards who make up
their own rules, and being in the cell up to 22 to 24 hours a day.
I think Sean does not want that, because it is close to being on death
row without being in it.

I only wish that Sean's case be dropped and be exonerated quickly because
like Rodney King, Sean was perhaps definitely a victim of racial
profiling. Such railroading by the justice system has to be stopped
as well.