[Newspoetry] Re: Please tell me more

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Fri Mar 9 16:33:42 CST 2001

I would like to thank you for reminding us exactly how much Newspoetry
doesn't cost, and that we could in fact be spending a lot more money on
it.  I'm not sure what the dollar amount being spent actually is, but it
is obviously not the optimal amount according to the rules of the market
economy.  We have no products for sale and to my knowledge there are no
plans to develop any.  Our quality poetry services are free and open to
the public, and we have so far had no use for official Newspoetry
t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, shot glasses, guitar strings, velvet
paintings, garden equipment, or plastic lizards.  So I'm not sure what we
would do with an expensive web module.  Most likely it would get misplaced
somewhere and forgotten about, which would be a waste of $25,000 that I'm
sure none of us actually have lying around anywhere.  So whereas this
particular product might be snazzy, we are quite fond of our homemade
site, and will not be enticed away from it.  For example, nowhere in
your offer do you address our need for a collage-friendly site, an
experimental grammar-friendly site, or an anti-advertisement module.
Further incompatibilities are thus merely hinted at.

In closing, I would like to point out that the following sentence

I would really like to be able to work with you because I know how much
use you will benefit from our websites

is almost comprehensible, but not quite.

Sincerely yours,

Your Aunt Barbara