[Newspoetry] A Compassionate, Yet Ferocious, Christian Rebuke from Bill "Bill" Wendling

wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu wendling at ganymede.isdn.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 13 15:52:19 CST 2001

Dear Newspoetry,

Bill "Bill" Wendling has been to the fabulous website "Betty Bowers is a Better Christian Than You."  In perusing the joyous insight and delicate turn of phrase of America's Best Christian, Mrs. Betty Bowers, Bill "Bill" Wendling has come to the sad realization that, while no one could ever be as good a Christian as Mrs. Bowers, Bill "Bill" Wendling is verily Jesus on the cross compared to you, dear.

With this in mind, Bill "Bill" Wendling asked Mrs. Bowers and her True Christian friends at Landover Baptist Church to review your chances of salvation and send you this godly rebuke - not with any genuine hope of saving you (any more than all those prolonged "sessions in recovery" made a dent in your outrageous neediness), but simply to remind you that Bill "Bill" Wendling is just a little bit better than you.  For what is the point of being saved, if you can't remind others that they are not?

Print out the following "purse-size" rebuking memorandum and read it loudly in a very public place (for it is only in inciting the scorn of strangers that you will gain insight into the opinion of friends).

MEMORANDUM