[Newspoetry] 60 Percent

Scott Rettberg rettberg at eliterature.org
Wed Mar 14 03:45:29 CST 2001

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/03/14/politics/14POLL.html

60 Percent in Poll Approve of Bush Early in His Term

60 Percent of Americans think that all that bunk
about Greenhouse Gases was just bringing us down.

60 Percent of Americans think that now is not
the right time for more gun control legislation.

60 Percent of Americans believe that a school
shooting or two won't do you no harm.

60 Percent of Americans think that the separation
of Church and State is a silly concept.

60 Percent of Americans think we need to increase
defense spending while cutting social services.

60 Percent of Americans think that the sound of
the stock market crashing is no big deal.

60 Percent of Americans think that we really need
to subsidize oil companies drilling in nature reserves.

60 Percent of Americans think that George W. Bush
is a good man, even if he's not in charge.

60 Percent of Americans don't really care who
is in charge, as long as taxes are cut.

60 Percent of Americans will eke sustenance from
photo ops and entertainment from tales of Clinton.

60 Percent of Americans don't care who really
won the election.

60 Percent of Americans are cool with a strong
firm grasp of isolationism.

60 Percent of Americans believe that poor people
shouldn't have access to technology.

60 Percent of Americans no longer follow
the news of the current administration.

60 Percent of Americans never gave
a shit anyway.