[Newspoetry] call for poets

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 26 17:19:27 CST 2001

Dwindling, is the word I'd use to describe the strategic newspoetry
reserve.  We have only one more poem left before we run out.  In my
capacity as editor-as-if-chief I would like to call upon the newspoets
of the world to take e-pen to e-paper and e-write some e-poems.

Fabulous prizes are once again available.  The first person to
contribute a new poem gets a heart-shaped box of chocolate.  Maiko can
vouch that I'm serious about this.  (it might have to just be
box-shaped since by this time of year heart-shaped boxes are harder to
come by.  but I'll draw a heart on it.)  Second prize is a genuine
plastic lizard.  If you're lucky you'll get one that squeaks.  I will
ship internationally if I have to.

editor-across-chief
Newspoetry . kom