[Newspoetry] Plagiarism by Simultaneous Anticipation

gillespie william k gillespi at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 27 16:48:23 CST 2001

http://www.poems.com/dailyleh.htm

The Daily Mirror, by David Lehman

Here's a book by someone who wrote a poem a day about the news, starting
in 1996, the year I started writing a poem a day about events in the news,
which is also the year Nancy Chunn made a painting a day on the cover of
the New York Times.

The following year, Katie Gilligan did her watercolor diaries, which
weren't about the news at all, but bears mentioning:

http://www.unknownhypertext.com/katie/diary.htm

I wonder what other similar projects have happened... Specifically, daily
art in response to news.

William

w w w .
w o r d