[Newspoetry] Ari Fleischer roll

gillespi gillespi at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Tue May 15 15:33:05 CDT 2001

Q    Ari, on drugs the President talked about what's failed really in the drug
war in this period, beginning in the early '90s.  From his point of view,
what's gone wrong?

MR. FLEISCHER:  It's not clear what the exact causes of it were.  But the
trend is discernible and worrisome and crystal clear.  We just handed out -- I
think if you haven't gotten it yet, it will be available after this briefing
-- the drugs each and every year from the early '80s until the early 1990s...