FW: [Newspoetry] NYTimes.com Article: Poets' Academy to Cut Its Staff

Robert Porter bwp61 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Nov 9 18:53:18 CST 2001

----------
From: Robert Porter <bwp61 at ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 18:46:24 -0600
To: John Wason <jwason at prairienet.org>
Subject: Re: [Newspoetry] NYTimes.com Article: Poets' Academy to Cut Its
Staff

> From: John Wason <jwason at prairienet.org>
> Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:06:09 -0600 (CST)
> To: newspoetry at lists.groogroo.com
> Subject: RE: [Newspoetry] NYTimes.com Article: Poets' Academy to Cut Its Staff

>>> of its staff.

>>> Half of each newspoet will be laid off.  We will lay off the right
>>> half, since the left half is purportedly responsible for the
>>> language faculty.
>>>
>>> Also, to demonstrate my willingness to sacrifice for the good of
>>> the company, I will slash my pay by 50% from $0 to $0.
>
>> Now this seems a little disingenuous, Joe.  We all know that senior
>> administrators of such monolithic and multinational organizations as
>> NewsPoetry, ExxonValdez, and BigPharma all make their money in
>> bonuses and options.  That you take a salary cut (however generous)
>> is all well and good, but what about the stock?  The options?  The
>> bonus?  The benefits?  The expenses?  The jet?  The car?  The massage
>> parlor?
>>
>> Try and put one past the powerful intellectual capacity of the
>> NewsPoets, will ya...that'll learn ya.
>>
>> - --Ranjan
>
> Well, Joe had ME completely convinced of his ingenuousness.
>
> John

Mr. Bigelow has asked me to convey his displeasure at the arbitrary laying
off of his right half.  It is his view that, if any section of his person is
to be incapacitated, he'd much rather make do without his back half, which
he claims not to use much anyway.  He also asked me to remind the management
of the proven dangers of lateralist thinking.  In Madrid, it seems, there is
a general movement away from the whole "left/right dichotomy thing",
favoring the more complex "anterior/posterior paradigm".

He's also really ticked off about not being invited to the massage parlor.

--Bob Porter