[Newspoetry] poem

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Fri Nov 16 21:43:46 CST 2001

Dear Editor,

I am writing to express my concerns about the ways in which bison have
been treated by the media, and by the government, in this latest "war"
business.  All stripes of bison, fermented and otherwise, have contributed
to war efforts; for example, General Douglas McArthur himself was a
fermented bison.  Yet our contributions have been continually overlooked,
and in many cases attributed to other species altogether.  Those were not
humans who stormed the beaches at Normandy, they were bison! We as a
species, and as a voting block, will not stand for such ridiculousness!
You can expect to hear from us further on these very vital bison issues,
particularly from the voting booth.
						Sincerely,
The Fermented Bison Advisory Committee, Midwest Chapter