[Newspoetry] poem II

Anne Bargar babs at prairienet.org
Sat Nov 17 22:27:44 CST 2001

Dear Editor,
	It appears that, while the concerns of the local Fermented Bison
Advisory Committee are indeed valid, they do not quite seem to have their
facts straight.  General Douglas McArthur was actually a deployed bison,
not a fermented one.  It was indeed a regiment of fermented bison that led
the invasion of Normandy, but at least one regiment of deployed bison was
present on that occasion as well.
	There are currently several platoons of deployed and fermented
bison ready to go into action in Afghanistan, but they are not being given
this opportunity to serve their country.  The Deployed Bison Of North
America Local 243 office has received many calls regarding the fact that,
though so many of our fellows are ready to be sent into action, they wait
on the sidelines in such uninteresting places as Montana and North Dakota.
We have also received several queries into the possibility that there are
bison, both fermented and deployed, protesting the current military
action.  Although we may not all agree, it does go to show that there is a
wide range of opinion among bison, and that we do indeed fit into all
niches into American society.
	Our office would like to take this opportunity to let the
community know that there are several bison-related events going on this
month, including a community Thanksgiving Grazing, and a talk by local
bison expert Frank O'Moo on the place of bison in America's universities.
These events are free and open to the public.  We invite everyone to come
to our local office and check out not only local events and information on
our presence in the community, but our displays on our rich history and
involvement in the shaping of American history and, more recently, foreign
policy.  Remember, Ari Fliescher isn't just the current White House Press
Secretary, he's also a bison!
						Sincerely,
						Deployed Bison Of North
						America Local 243