[Newspoetry] poetry needed

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Tue Oct 30 07:14:01 CST 2001

>Message: 3
>Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:37:58 -0600
>From: Joe Futrelle <futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu>
>To: NEWSpoetry <newspoetry at lists.groogroo.com>
>Subject: [Newspoetry] poetry needed
>
>The Newspoetry strategic reserves are all tapped out.  I'm calling
>upon all citizens of newspoetry to donate to their poetry to this
>"noble" cause.  Poems written in blood or even canned poetry are all
>accepted.  Rumors that the editor pockets all the poetry are the work
>of unscrupulous agents of prose interests.

I'm curious what would happen if the newspoetry well was absolutely tapped
out.  Has that ever happened in the history of newspoetry?  I hate to even
think about it.  I love newspoetry, think it's wonderful.

I have 5-10 more newspoems, but I've been sort of submitting them slowly.  I
haven't wanted my stuff to be the only stuff that's published.  Nor have I
wanted my stuff NOT to be published because there was too much other
material, or because there was a perception that I was somehow getting too
much "air time".

As long as I'm on the subject, where are Nicki Neulist and Isadore these
days?  They were both really good.

And isn't WillGill, the founder of newspoetry, required to write anything
any more?  :) I haven't seen anything by him in a LONG time.

John