[Newspoetry] Homo-Economost: OverMan's Margin Call

Donald L Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Mon Apr 22 23:28:07 CDT 2002

Today's Headlines Late Edition from
NYTimes.com Monday, April 22, 2002
Gates Says Penalties Would Hurt Windows
With a laser pointer in his hand, Bill Gates took the
stand for the first time in the Microsoft antitrust case.

Homo-Economost: OverMan's Margin Call

I confess to having no sympathy for Gates,
for it seems to me rather Fatuous and Futile
to shed Tears for the wealthiest BillionHeirs,
and that goes Double, Triple, Many Times over
for the biggest BillionHeirs of them all, as well.

It seems only Just and Right to say,
where Great Money is concentrated,
there would Great Criminality be found.

Some say that I am just Jealous,
at Zealous Entrepreneurial Spirit,
which makes Millions a little Poorer,
to make one Person extremely Rich,
and, thus I point out, particularly,
one Snout in Trough is not my Complaint,
but a Herd of Snouts is just too much,
as each marginals me a little more,
makes me ever Poorer and less than Poor.

This Operating System rules all others.

Now, the Founding Fathers and Mothers
Were far more Brilliant than their Heirs.
This is a Necessary Truth of all Origins,
that what came First as Before was created,
was Truly Grand and Glorious and Amazing,
but we latters only inherit what came after;
we live only on Residues fallen from Yesterday,
marginalized by failing to create our own World.

What Founding Fathers and Mothers Would Do
(WFFMWD, pronounced, woofs-form-word --
a movement that entirely contras WWJD)
is perfectly Evident to me in what they wrote
in their Constitution, for they made the Right
to make Money wholly a State Monopoly,
even if Capitalism has Revolutionalized Money,
in a quiet Unconstitutional Coup against Law,
in this post-Constitutional Oligarchy of World.

They also made Government Supreme
in Standards, Weights and Measures
<WWFMWD deny Man is Measure of All Things
because ManKind Alone Measures Rightly.>

Why did they write such astounding Rules --
were they just silly East-Coast Liberals
who knew that Market-Place always corrupts,
and that Absolute Market-Places corrupt Absolutely?

Well, anyway, I would do WFFMWD
when it comes to post-modernist Money,
say there is no Right to own Fortune's Mint;
Common Ownership is what could only be
Public Good, Public Road, Public Money,
or Public Operating System (POS).

So, Gates complains Windows is hurt.
He has no right to complain of Injury,
for he never had any Right to own
what he stole from Public Domains,
pre-empting Pre-Eminent Domain.

Just Law would also take from him
all ill-gotten Billions that came
from his wrongful Possession
of scarce Public Property.

Just Law would send Gates
to rot in Hell, to rot in Jail,
a BillionYear, or more,
with no Possibility of Parole;
that is how Business should be done,
post-haste, please, At the Speed of Light.

Thanks for Listening,
to Colonial Pen-Intent,
Sartorius, A Plebian
<Donald L Emerick>