[Newspoetry] could you remove my address?

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Sat Aug 31 13:46:59 CDT 2002

Hello,

Very sorry about that.  Please note that the mailing list archives are
web-accessible (this is explained in the Newspoetry FAQ).  Of course I did
not publish your address and phone number on the website proper along with
your poem.

I will rewrite the website so this is clearer (we need a privacy policy,
obviously).

I technically do not know how to modify the mailing list archives to delete
your phone number, but I will ask the mailing list administrator for
help.  After this is done, it will still take some time for the information
to be updated in search engines' caches (it typically takes several days or
weeks for search engines to catch up with changes on low-traffic web pages
like Newspoetry).

The safest approach to keeping your phone number private is to not include
it in your messages in the first place.  But of course like all websites we
must do our part and unambiguously inform readers about the public nature
of our mailing list.