[Newspoetry] Hi

John gavroche at gavroche.org
Tue Dec 3 00:07:59 CST 2002

> [snip]
>
> $2 1/2 Indians  $195 each.
> $5 Liberties  $165 each.
> $10 Liberties $210 each.
> $10 Indians   $365 each.
> $20 Liberties $395 each.
>
> [snip]
>
> How is this not poetic?  It's certainly not mathematical, and it's
> quite in line with the recent news on John Poindexter's Information
> Awareness Office...

Not only is it poetic, but the irony reaches stratospheric levels.  Giving
silver and gold as Xmas presents.   Something tells me someone is
misunderstanding a Xmas carol.

But who am I to make comment?  I've already finished celebrating my 25th Day
of the First Month of Winter holiday.  (I've always found it fascinating
that they both fall on the same day...just different calendars.)

John