[Newspoetry] Hi

Editor-Within-Chief futrelle at shout.net
Tue Dec 3 00:13:44 CST 2002

Drat, I deleted it.  That was the poem that could really put
Newspoetry on the map!!!

Which reminds me.

We're a little low on poetry.  Anyone who is so inspired please chuck
some poetry logs on the newspoetry fire.  I don't want to have to
start posting spam as newspoems.  I've got lots of Don Emerick in my
back pocket, but I don't want to resort to an
all-Emerick-all-the-time schedule if there are eligible poets out
there yearning to breathe free.

At 12:07 AM -0600 12/3/2002, John wrote:
>  > [snip]
>>
>>  $2 1/2 Indians  $195 each.
>>  $5 Liberties  $165 each.
>>  $10 Liberties $210 each.
>>  $10 Indians   $365 each.
>>  $20 Liberties $395 each.
>>
>>  [snip]
>>
>>  How is this not poetic?  It's certainly not mathematical, and it's
>>  quite in line with the recent news on John Poindexter's Information
>>  Awareness Office...
>
>Not only is it poetic, but the irony reaches stratospheric levels.  Giving
>silver and gold as Xmas presents.   Something tells me someone is
>misunderstanding a Xmas carol.
>
>But who am I to make comment?  I've already finished celebrating my 25th Day
>of the First Month of Winter holiday.  (I've always found it fascinating
>that they both fall on the same day...just different calendars.)
>
>John

Editor-within-chief
http://www.newspoetry.com/