[Newspoetry] Stereolab's Mary Hansen killed in bicycle accident :(

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 13 08:28:15 CST 2002

(CNN) -- Multi-instrumentalist Mary Hansen from the group Stereolab
died Monday after she was hit by a car while riding a bicycle in
London. Hansen, who was 36, joined Stereolab in 1992.

"It is with great regret and deep sadness that we announce the death
of Mary Hansen, " the group's members said in an official statement.
"The suddenness of her death has shocked the band. Mary was a special
person. Our thoughts are with her family and friends who will miss
her greatly."

The statement also said Hansen's funeral would be held next week in
Brisbane, Australia, where she was born January 11, 1966.

Stereolab has recorded eight studio albums since the retro-pop group
formed in 1990. The most recent album, "Sound-Dust" (Elektra) came
out last year and debuted at No. 11 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/12/mroom.stereolab/index.html

Crap, crap, double crap.

:(

--
Joe Futrelle            http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/People/futrelle
Digital Library Technologies, NCSA/UIUC       ph  (217) 265-0296