[Newspoetry] Re: Stereolab's Mary Hansen killed in bicycle accident :(

Bill Wendling wendling at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 13 12:31:40 CST 2002

Also sprach Joe Futrelle:
}
} (CNN) -- Multi-instrumentalist Mary Hansen from the group Stereolab
} died Monday after she was hit by a car while riding a bicycle in
} London. Hansen, who was 36, joined Stereolab in 1992.
}
} "It is with great regret and deep sadness that we announce the death
} of Mary Hansen, " the group's members said in an official statement.
} "The suddenness of her death has shocked the band. Mary was a special
} person. Our thoughts are with her family and friends who will miss
} her greatly."
}
} The statement also said Hansen's funeral would be held next week in
} Brisbane, Australia, where she was born January 11, 1966.
}
} Stereolab has recorded eight studio albums since the retro-pop group
} formed in 1990. The most recent album, "Sound-Dust" (Elektra) came
} out last year and debuted at No. 11 on Billboard's Heatseekers chart.
}
} http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/12/mroom.stereolab/index.html
}
} Crap, crap, double crap.