[Newspoetry] Other Venues

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Tue Dec 31 09:42:15 CST 2002

At 9:33 AM -0600 12/31/2002, William Gillespie wrote:
>Here in Urbana, The Urbana Independent Media Center publishes a newspaper
>called the Public I that sometimes reprints newspoems:
>
>http://publici.ucimc.org/
>
>(Check it out - maybe you got published and didn't even know it.)

Nope, I asked everyone for permission individually before letting the
public i print anything.

>There has been some talk of making part of their site into a live
>newspoetrywire where we could post the occasional newspoem for possible
>publication in the Public I.

I have strongly suggested to them that this be a moderated space so
that it can't be spammed by people hostile to the newspoetry idea.
People familiar with the IMC's know that they are a lightning rod for
spam of the worst kind, including lots of hate speech.

Person