[Newspoetry] new look for 2002, T-shirts

Joe Futrelle futrelle at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 2 15:28:42 CST 2002

Hello Newspoets,

Bob Porter and I are working on a T-shirt design, and in the process I'm
revamping the "Newspoetry" logo graphics for the webpage.  The new logo is
already installed on the indexes and will appear on newspoems starting
tomorrow.  It needs tweaking.  I think the coloring is a little heavy.  And
I hope to replace the scanned "News" with a re-scanned hand-drawn "News"
like the old logo.  The main improvement is replacing the somewhat dorky
font used for "poetry" with something classier.

As for the T-shirt design, we could still use input on what kinds of things
people would like to see on the T-shirt, and what colors people are
interested in (I'm thinking RW&B to go with our RW&B theme -- we were RW&B
before patriotism was cool!).  The shirts will be monochrome but presumably
we can make several batches with different shirt/ink colors.  So my initial
idea is to make three batches:

Black on White (like Newsprint!)
White on Blue (and I mean American Flag blue, not powder or sky)
Blue on Red (for all you commies, cardiologists, and matadors)

When we have some alternatives finished, we'll post them to the list for
comment.  If anyone else wants to get in on the design process, that's cool
too, just let me & Bob know.

editor-within-chief
http://www.newspoetry.com/