[Newspoetry] I think that I shall never see... mimicry (Me! Me (Oui! we) cry).

Donald L Emerick emerick at chorus.net
Thu Jan 17 09:57:12 CST 2002

QUOTE OF THE DAY
(PROBLEM OF THE NIGHT)
"Democracies don't prepare well for things that have never happened before."
RICHARD A. CLARKE, former White House counter-terrorism chief.
*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
SOLUTION:
1. Prologue:
Sometimes, it is the unnoticed and the unnoticeable detail of statements --
that goes astray.
For instance, here: the suggestion is that democracies prepare well for
things that have happened before...
or even, whatever we have well-prepared for us will happen again and, oddly,
somehow, that is democracy...

Derrida would say that repetition (ala N.s eternal recurrence) is
inevitable,
that whatever happens will seem
(by force and violence of analogy)
as if it occurs deja vous,
that we could not understand anything that happens originarily, as a total
novelty.

2. Body:
An event always carries us back beyond its beginnings,
into primordial reality,
to causes antecedent to event;
Heidi(gger) said so,
in expounding the Principle of Reason
(after L.s metaphysics):
"Nothing happens without reason."
(and also apparently pardoning the humor in this phrase,
not even naming or mentioning it
boorishly insensitive to things that make me smile and laugh).

Now,
if democracies do not prepare well for the extraordinary,
is there also an implication?
Does any other form of government prepare (us) well for the extraordinary?
Well, no, I can see no proof of such a truth about any form of government.

So.  The agent should have said:
"<Form-of?>Government does not prepare <object-class?> well for
<event-class?>"...
And then, perhaps, by gram-ma-to-logicals conversion,
we'd be wise enough to ask what subject (or even F-o-G) does!
(I'd even dinker with the verb "prepare" and its auxiliary (here, "not"),
as to what subject could, for an object, be well to do well (or not).)

But,
whoever said that government ever had such a function?
"Government shall be about what has happened before."
Government shall be about a prophet-sighed event.
(I do not need to prophesy if I do not follow law.)

Therefore, the F-o-G shall disappear when a God-appointed,
or a God-blessed (or God-damned?) leader shall appear --
for God alone would be the entity (if any) who sees all,
even around the corners of all that was or is or shall be.

So, our ex-Sheriff of Terrorism (as a good old S-o-T)
remains true to first principles,
first causes:
The(-o-log-)isms prepare us well for what has never happened:
Only a god could save us!
QED

3. Afterword (Epilogic)
Untruth varies inversely with the length of a statement --
the shorter a statement is, the larger the number of lies it conceals --
Only a proposition could be falsifiable because it would be false
when it takes the form of a proposition as its very self, dispositively.

P is false,
but if P were true and if P implied Q,
then Q would be true, too.
Observe, my friend,
that Q is the End and that it is true that we all shall die,
and this being necessarily so of Q,
(for I have seen with my own eyes my own death
and felt that experience ravage what remains of me to remain remains)
it follows that P must be true even when it is a lie.

Only a being who has not yet finished speaking may yet speak truth
(and this is quite impossibly possible or quite possibly impossible).