[Newspoetry] nice things

blue2 at net66.com blue2 at net66.com
Tue Jan 29 07:17:15 CST 2002

The nice thing about family values is it makes us feel good when we go
off and have babies so politicians can send them to war to protect family
values.  Checks and balances.

The nice thing about compassionate conservatives is that they can
promote the sanctity of embryos over the need for stem cell research in
the same breath that they send billion dollar bombs onto fully realized
embryos elsewhere.  Justice for all.

The nice thing about fiscal conservatism is that it sounds like something
it isn’t – which is paying for all of the above instead of keeping schools
in Buffalo open.  Pursuing happiness.

Welcome to the new world order.  New is relative, of course.  We’ve
mostly shuffled the deck of the old one.

Meg Miner
PO Box 277
Mansfield, IL 61854
(217) 489-5905